Apprentices and Trainees
Here at CMA tools we pride ourselves on the quality of our work and our service to our customers and as part of our on going commitment we strongly believe in preparing for the future.
- The works manager, Alan, is a product of CMA's apprenticeship scheme with almost 20 years service
- The shop floor manager is another CMA trained apprentice with 17 Years experience
- We have trainees on both CNC programming, machining and 3d CAD modelling and design
- This year alone CMA have taken on an additional 3 apprentice toolmakers
Frequently Asked Questions
- What kinds of press tools do you make? - Simply put all kinds, from single stage tooling, hand transfer, full progression, draw and quench tools.
- What size of tool can you make? - We can comfortably handle tools up to 2m in length but have made much bigger tooling up to 7 ton.
- Do you make Jigs and Fixtures? - Yes, we cater for all kinds of special purpose assembly fixtures, weld fixtures, drill jigs and laser fixtures to name a few
- What Industries do you work for? - Some of our main areas of work are for the aerospace and automotive industries but have worked for many others.
- Do you do your own tool designs? - CMA do have in house design facilities using the latest CAD systems but we also work closely with external design sources .
- Are you limited to just tool designs? - No, we also design bespoke jigs and fixtures for laser machines, assembly and inspection.
- Are you iso approved? - Yes we have ISO9001:2008 approval.